A very warm welcome to North Foreland Golf Club’s Ladies Section.
We are a friendly, fun and diverse group of more than 95 ladies. Although we have a great cross section of players of all ages, some of our members have been with us for more than 40 years. That’s a testament not only to their personal determination and willpower but also the friendly nature of our club!
Between 40 and 50 ladies play regularly in our Tuesday competitions and there are lots of other opportunities for social golf during the week. Working women will be pleased to hear that tee times are set aside on Sundays too. So there’s plenty for you to get involved in.
We’re proud of our strong presence in all Kent County Ladies Golf competitions, including Bradley Cook, Pearson, Tappin and Three Feathers. There are also chances for members to explore other courses throughout the spring and summer in our ‘Friendly’ competitions.
Although we are a long-established club which prides itself in maintaining certain traditions, we embrace new ideas and ways of encouraging our members to enjoy and improve their golf.
Some of our recent innovations include:
- A great buddying system to help new members integrate and understand the club. This includes an introduction pack to guide you through how our ladies section operates, details of competitions throughout the year and advice on golf etiquette.
- More social and fun competitions. Join in our Christmas Short Course Competition (often conducted in fancy dress as you can see!), Ladies Pink day in support of the EKUBS charity, as well as other charity competitions. And be sure to try to ‘Beat the Pro’, when you and a partner can challenge the pro and Lady Captain.
- Several organised 9 hole competitions which run alongside our normal Tuesday competitions to support ladies who are perhaps time-bound, or prefer to cover 9 holes rather than 18.
- Regular short group sessions with our resident pro to help sharpen and develop all aspects of your game in a fun and friendly environment. These sessions are open to ladies from beginner through to the more experienced. A recent warm up session was well attended and we are glad to report no muscles were pulled!
- Ladies’ Taster Sessions, both as an introduction for established golfers looking for a new home, or those completely new to the sport. More information to follow.
With the added advantage of a superb 18-hole par 3 course, we really can offer a wide range of golf in a fun environment for all abilities, ages and handicaps.
For more information please give us a call on (01843) 862140.