We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
When you join or visit our Golf Club we collect only the information required from you to be able to fulfil our contractual obligations. We may also collect further information through our website which allows us to contact you regarding events and offers at the club.
As an employee we collect only the information required to fulfil the contractual relationship between you and the club and we only share this data with internal and external data processors.
How the information about you will be used.
When you join as a member or enter into a society event or open competition we may share your information with external and internal data processors Club Systems membership administration system. Your personal data is controlled internally by the clubs Data Protection Officer who adheres to the Golf Club’s internal data protection policies and procedures.
You may have opted in for us to be able to correspond with you regarding our activities including events and competitions by way of post, telephone, email and SMS. We don’t share your data with external marketing companies who would contact you this way. If you have consented to this correspondence you can opt out at any time.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’, ‘Privacy’, and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Data Protection Notice
The information provided by you will be held and processed by North Foreland Golf Club for record-keeping, marketing analysis or advertising purposes, and for sending you newsletters and other information directly connected with the business of the North Foreland Golf Club.
Subject to applicable data protection legislation, North Foreland Golf Club may give information about you and your application to:
- its employees and agents, to deal with your Membership and Member’s accounts, and on the understanding that they keep such information confidential;
- anyone to whom it transfers or may transfer its rights and duties under its agreement with you; and
- North Foreland Golf Club will not pass on your personal details to anyone else without your prior consent. From time to time it issues marketing material about North Foreland Golf Club and other services and products provided by North Foreland Golf Club. Please let us know if you would like to receive any such marketing information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to cease to receive marketing material, please contact us on 01843 862140 or email email@example.com
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk), and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are or are contemplating selling.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the data controller at the club.
This will be provided to you in a portable, machine readable commonly used format.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date you may ask us to correct or erase information that you think is inaccurate.
At the time of collecting data you have the right to object to the club holding certain information about you.
Third party websites
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.